Uniforms and Rules
3-4 Year Olds - Pink
Kindergarten - Light Blue
First Grade - Lilac
Second Grade - Purple
Ballet I - White Ballerina Belt, Yoga Mat
Ballet II - White, Ballerina Belt, Yoga Mat
Ballet III - Navy Blue, Ballerina Belt, Yoga Mat
Ballet IV - Hunter Green, Ballerina Belt, Yoga Mat
Pre-Trainee - Black, Ballerina Belt, Black Skirt, Recommended Practice Tutu
Trainee - Black, Ballerina Belt, Black Skirt, Recommended Practice Tutu
Jazz, Tap, Modern - Solid Color Leotard or Tank Top, Black Yoga or Capri Pants, No Baggie or Loose Shirts or Pants
Students' hair must be tied back for all classes and in a bun for all ballet classes.
No jewelry and no black shoes of any kind are permitted in the studios.
The required equipment is available at: Leotards at: Body and Sole 300 N Happ Rd, Northfield Leotards and Ballet, pointe, jazz and tap shoes at: Allegro, Evanston
Rules and Regulations
1. Class, rehearsal and performance schedules must be strictly adhered to at all times.
2. Class uniforms must be worn in all classes.
3. Conduct in and out of the studio must be courteous and professional by students and parents at all times.
4. Any absences must be reported to the school promptly.
5. Injuries must be reported to the school immediately and in some cases a doctor’s note will be required. The Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School shall not be liable for injuries sustained during attendance at the school or any of its related functions or loss or damage to personal property.
6. Students must keep studios, dressing rooms and common areas clean at all times.
7. Stealing is not tolerated by the school, it will result in immediate expulsion, tuition based on this dismal is non refundable.
8. Tuition is non refundable and due by November 30, tuition for Summer Intensive Camps and Summer Classes are due upon registration. Students with outstanding tuition after that date will not be permitted to attend class.
9. Students may not attend other dance schools without the express consent of the director of the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School.
10. I hereby give my permission for my child to be videotaped and/or photographed by the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School or its affiliates, including clients, licensees, purchasers, agencies, periodicals, and television media, the irrevocable right to use the photographs or video in which they may appear, for sale and/or reproduction in any medium for purposes of advertising, trade, display, exhibition, or editorial.
HOLD HARMLESS WAIVER: It is my intent to allow my minor to participate in dance lessons at the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School, while participating during activities at the Makkai Dance Center (2126 First Street, Highland Park, Illinois 60035) that I am agreeable to the following: I acknowledge that I am aware that there are risks for my minor of exposure to directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to, by or resulting from: -An outbreak of any and all communicable disease, including but not limited to, the virus "severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), " which is responsible for Corona virus Disease (COVID-19) and/or any mutation or variation thereof. In consideration of having the opportunity to participate in dance lessons, and in acknowledging that I am aware of and willing to assume the risks associated with this activity, I hereby voluntarily agree to waive, hold harmless and indemnify the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School and its agents, volunteers and teachers from any and all claims. demands, damages and causes of action of any nature whatsoever arising out of ordinary negligence which I, my heirs, my assigns or successors may have against them for, on account of, or by reason of my participation in the above activities, I indicate my agreement to this hold harmless elective noted above. I understand that in case of mandatory lockdowns all classes will automatically switch to online classes.
I acknowledge that I understand the nature of the activities my child[ren] will be participating in and that my child[ren] is in the proper physical condition and capable of participating in the related activities, understanding that the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School is not in any way responsible for making such a determination.
In consideration of my child[ren]’s enrollment in any dance instruction or program, I understand and agree on behalf of myself and my child[ren], to release, hold harmless, and discharge the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School, its owners, officers, staff, employees and independent contractors from all claims, costs, liabilities, expenses or judgments, including attorneys’ fees and court costs for any occurrences in connection with any dance instruction or programs at the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School.
I assume all risks to my child[ren] in connection with any instruction or participation in programs and further release the Irina Makkai Classial Ballet and Dance School, its owners, officers, staff, employees, or independent contractors from any liability for any injury sustained by my child[ren] while he or she is enrolled in any dance instruction or program, including all risks reasonably connected with such activity whether caused by negligence or any other cause foreseen or unforeseen.
I understand that the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School. is not responsible for my child[ren] or other children under my supervision who are left unsupervised in the common areas and areas surrounding the dance studio. I understand that the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School is not responsible for personal property that is lost, damaged or stolen while I or my child[ren] on the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School's property.
I authorize and agree that the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School may take and use photographs, videos or likenesses or my child[ren] as needed for its record-keeping, advertising, social media, and/or public relations projects and that I have no rights to the same and will not be compensated for the same.
Checking acceptance of this waiver on the registration form is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional waiver and release of all liability pursuant to the terms herein, and agreement as to all terms and conditions contained above. I am of lawful age and competent to execute this affirmation.
I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF AS TO THE CONTENTS OF THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AND HAVE READ THE SAME PRIOR TO CHECKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON OF THE REGISTRATION FORM. I understand that my child[ren] will not be enrolled in any class[es] or programs at the Irina Makkai Classical Ballet and Dance School without this digitally accepted Waiver and Release of All Claims form.